Terms & Conditions
2. Reserved Rights and Grant of Limited Licence
- The Site contains information, software, communications, text, graphics, advertising, images, photos, artwork and other material and services (collectively, the “Information”) that are protected by various Canadian and international intellectual property laws, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law, and other proprietary rights, which rights exist in the Information currently on the Site and which rights will continue to exist in all Information developed or posted on the Site in future.
- Permission is granted to use (display or print) short extracts of the Information on the Site for personal, non-commercial, transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a limited licence, not a transfer of title, and under this limited licence you may not:
- modify, copy, reproduce, republish, or re-disseminate the Information;
- use the Information for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or noncommercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the Information; and
- transfer the Information to another person or “mirror” the Information on any other server.
- This licence shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Mann McCracken & Associates at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of the Information or upon the termination of this licence, you must destroy any downloaded Information in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. No Endorsement or Affiliation
The Site contains links to other Internet websites. These links are provided to you as convenient references to help you locate other Internet resources that may be of interest to you. Mann McCracken & Associates has not conducted a detailed review of all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site as such links are developed and operated independently from Mann McCracken & Associates. The inclusion of any link on the Site does not imply endorsement of the site by Mann McCracken & Associates unless specifically stated otherwise. A link to another site should not be construed to imply that the Site is affiliated with or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trade-mark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the link or the description of the link to such other sites unless an affiliation is specifically identified within the Site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
4. No Liability
Mann McCracken & Associates is not responsible for any damages whatsoever and howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site or in reliance on the Information available on the Site, including any loss of use, lost data, lost business profits, business interruption, personal injury, or any other pecuniary loss, whether in an action for contract, negligence or other tortious action, even if Mann McCracken & Associates has been informed of the possibility thereof.
5. No Advice or Warranties
The Information posted on the Site, including but not limited to, articles, case commentaries, newsletters, opinions and viewpoints, is provided for informational and educational purposes only. The Information posted on the Site is not intended to provide any legal, accounting or tax advice and should never be relied upon in this respect. Accessing material posted on the Site and/or communicating with a lawyer or other firm employees by way of e-mail or through the Site does not create a lawyer/client relationship. Mann McCracken & Associates urges all users of the Site to seek the advice of a professional and not to rely on the Information posted on the Site.
Although Mann McCracken & Associates uses reasonable efforts to include information that is accurate and current, the Information appearing on the Site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Mann McCracken & Associates does not warrant or guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the Information provided. Mann McCracken & Associates may make changes to the Information contained on the Site at any time without notice but Mann McCracken & Associates does not, however, make any commitment to update the Information nor is Mann McCracken & Associates obligated to update the Information.
7. Confidentiality Warning
Absent the use of encryption, the Internet is not a secure medium and your privacy cannot be ensured. Internet e-mail is especially vulnerable to interception and therefore, Mann McCracken & Associates will not be responsible for any damages you may suffer as a result of transmitting confidential information to Mann McCracken & Associates via the Site or implicitly or explicitly authorizing Mann McCracken & Associates to send confidential information to you via the Internet.
Confidential information should not be sent to the firm via email or electronic transmission unless a retainer has been confirmed. If you wish to provide information of a confidential or sensitive nature to one of the members of our firm, please contact them directly by telephone.
8. Compliance with Local Laws
You acknowledge that you have accessed the Site voluntarily and that you alone are responsible for ensuring compliance with any applicable local, national or international laws, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law. You are hereby advised that some jurisdictions may restrict Internet usage by their residents.
9. Governing Law
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE CLICK ON THE BUTTON ON YOUR WEB BROWSER UNTIL YOU HAVE LEFT THIS SITE.